Barium Sulphate Paint
1.What is Barium Sulphate? Barium Sulphate is the inorganic compound with the chemical formula BaSO4. It is a white crystalline solid that is odorless and insoluble in water. The white opaque appearance and its high density are exploited in its main applications. Blanc fixe is French for...
Barium Sulphate Paint
1.What is Barium Sulphate?
Barium Sulphate is the inorganic compound with the chemical formula BaSO4. It is a white crystalline solid that is odorless and insoluble in water. The white opaque appearance and its high density are exploited in its main applications. Blanc fixe is French for “permanent white” and is a key additive for specialized coatings and paint.
2.Industries who use Barium Sulphate
• Paints and Coatings: Depending on the application and grade of the blanc fixe, it can be used as a component of white pigment, as a transparent filler that prevents flocculation of colored pigments, or to modify consistency.
• Paper: Used as a brightener and extender.
• Plastics and Rubber: Used to improve the plasticity of plastics and to increase scratch resistance of polyolefins.
• Battery: In lead-acid batteries (e.g. car batteries), blanc fixe acts as a seed crystal for the lead-to-lead sulfate reaction.
3.Function in emulsion paint
Barium Sulphate helps emulsion paint avoid light aging, it makes the wall look freshly painted for years. Because barium sulphate has very high reflectivity in wave length ranging from 300 to 400 micron, it’s an effective and low-cost inorganic light stabilizer. As a filler in emulsion paint, barium sulphate also improves paint’s covering power. Because it is a spacer of TiO2, with synergistic effect. When filler’s particle size is close to TiO2 or pigment’s particle size, it helps improve TiO2’s covering power and pigment’s efficiency. Furthermore, it improves coating’s strength and water-proofing property.
• Low oil absorption
• High refractive index
• Excellent dispersibility due to finer particle size
• Good resistant to weathering and chemical
• Good filling power
• High gloss
25kg/bag, plastic woven bag outside, transparent PE bag inside.
Two layers to protect the good well.
Plastic-paper bag is available.
XiMi Group is a professional manufacturer of barium sulphate, including natural grade, precipitated grade and coated grade.
Established in 2006, we have rich experience in barium sulfate industry. Located near Guangzhou, we are providing fast delivery to our customers due to convenient transportation.
We have more than 450 employees, with three production lines and annual production capability around 100,000MT.
Currently, we are exporting to USA, Canada, Denmark, Italy, Australia, India, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea and 30 other countries.